- Wake up alarm : (snooze the darn thing thrice and then off goes the backup alarm which again takes the snooze route)
- You overslept and therefore you skip the planned early morning walk with your wife
- You read the newspaper leisurely and by the time you leave your home, you know you are behind the clock to get to office.
- You get into the car and put your foot down - 100 ft of driving and lo behold! Traffic jam greets you sooner than you think. Colourful expletives is what you can think of!
- On the way to office you get calls which you would like to take after you have opened your laptop, checked some MIS reports.
- Each traffic light is programmed against you or so you feel. The red light durations feel excruciatingly long
- By the time you park your car in the office parking, cursing the fellow drivers, the roads, most of the morning positive energy has already dissipated
- You have planned to make a To do list but you get a call and a new task even before you could start planning on the list
- In all this, the time you had planned on planning the day is gone and you are just playing catch-up for the best part of the day.
- It is 6 PM and you still havent started on the presentation for noon the next day. You feel you have done a lot of work but when you think over the day's proceedings over a cup of tea, you can barely remember a few simple tasks that you have done.
- It is 7 PM and you get a call from your wife to get medicine on your way back.
- It is eight thirty on the dials of your watch and still a long way to go. You say to yourself -Well i shall go home and finish the work left.
- By the time you are home, it is 9:45 and you are exhausted. You watch TV while having dinner and the "home work" gets pushed to the next day.
Much like the tennis serve - if your ball toss goes haywire, your balance goes haywire to reach the ball, you don't watch the ball closely enough as you normally would and the contact point goes wrong and the serve gets buried in the net. The root cause - one of the links -the ball toss went wrong.
"Early bird catches the worm" - Need not be true - what if the bird is dumb and doesnt take advantage of the start.
Early Bird Likely to Catch the worm - that makes more sense. More on this in the next post.